7/1/08

Loves and Hates of Pregnancy

I love when I first found out I was pregnant. So excited I couldn't believe my eyes.

I hated the beginning of pregnancy when you spend half your time bent over the toilet or cleaning up the puke that didn't make it to the toilet.

I loved reading all my new books on what the baby looks like, whats growing, and the new exciting adventures.

I hated the fact that my baby in the pictures looked like a hamster.

I loved finally getting out of my first trimester.

I hated anyone else who was farther along than me, as if I was going to catch up. (just so competitive)

I loved hearing the heart beat for the very first time. So innocent and sweet.

I hate worrying constantly that something I ate, or did or breathed or anything would hurt my baby.. paranoia basically.

I loved the first time I felt my baby kick, its like he always reminds me he is there and doesn't want me to forget about him.

I hate that Kevin won't be able to feel it for a while still, even though I try to make him.

I love that my baby is growing so healthy and strong, bigger and bigger every week.

I hate that it means I have to get bigger and bigger every week, mainly because my old clothes don't fit which in my mind means FAT not pregnant.

I love thinking of when the baby comes how excited I will be to finally be able to hold him, love him, nurture him, and he will be ours. Not as if we are babysitting.

I hate thinking of after he comes and the struggle it will be to get back into regular clothing. . sigh.

I LOVE that we are having a boy, that will be a son, brother, uncle, husband, daddy, and best of all a sports fan.

I hate going to the baby section and seeing that having a girl would have been more fun with the clothes, although still glad cause boys don't care how "cute" they look.

Most of all I don't hate pregnancy, I really don't. I am so excited to add onto our family, to see the example he will set for us, to teach him, and to love him.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

haha you are funny. About the girls clothes vs boys clothes comment... I completely agree! I still hate going shopping for Cody because there are so many cute girl clothes. I get so excited when my friends have girls though, I buy them all the cutest stuff!

Ader Family said...

I have no idea what it's like to be pregnant, but I'm glad you stole the Love/Hate idea from my blog!! Which I actually read yours before I saw your comment. :)
~Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...