3/8/10

My Bad Attitude 101

I really do hate my attitude. Even just saying that is still "bad attitude" grrr. I tend to revolve my whole life and my happiness on the next thing...
"Boy I can't wait to buy a house...cause I hate this stupid apartment" aka the apartment is great, I hate the stairs, and sharing walls, not the place...

"I hate gaining weight, and being pregnant, I can't wait to have this baby" then when I have the baby I'll be saying things like "I wish it was still in me ASLEEP or wishing I could eat more and not have it matter.

"I wish we had______"

"I wish we made more money"

"It'd be nice to not have any debt"

Yesterday during relief society we had an excellent lesson on happiness. Optimistic people really irritate me. I like to sit and stew in the mood calls for it, so get off my back. But it reminded me of my favorite quote from John Bytheway....but of coarse I packed our books when I thought we were moving double GRRRR. This is not the same quote but it is indeed a good one.

"If you're trying to be miserable, it's important you don't have any goals. No school goals, personal goals, family goals. Your only objective each day should be to inhale and exhale for sixteen hours before you go to bed again. Don't read anything informative, don't listen to anything useful, don't do anything productive. If you start achieving goals, you might start to feel a sense of excitement, then you might want to set another goal, and then your miserable mornings are through. To maintain your misery, the idea of crossing off your goals should never cross your mind."

3 comments:

Norm and Jan said...

Love you girl---you arre alot smarter than I was at your age!

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

I tend to do the same thing and start my crabby mood of I wish and I wants. We all do it.

Liz and Grant said...

Yep- totally do it. The grass is always greener, in utah i couldn't wait to have a baby, buy a house, and have grant home each night for dinner. Now I really, REALLY miss sleep, neighbors that were our best friends, and getting to hang out with grant on random week days. I have everything I wished for, but that doesn't mean that I don't miss, or wish for more things. I can't wait until I finally have our house decorated and organized- someday- for now I'll think of it as my next goal rather than whining :) And not to be too optomistic, but this saying really helped me when I was going nuts nesting, but we had no money to fix up our house- FYI you are broke after you buy a house:)
"Happiness is wanting what you have, not getting what you want"

Good luck, you'll get there! And then you'll just have more "goals" to work on;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...