11/6/09

Why Suzi is bummed.

Align CenterI broke our camera.
yes, I did...sigh, you don't mean that nice new one you were just blogging about? Yes, yes that's the one. You mean the one that Kevin's parents bought you for graduation, just in May? Yes. Sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffff, she's the one. The sad part is, I don't even know how I broke it. I went grocerie shopping yesterday, came home, took a few pictures, then set it by the computer. I put a few boxes away in the cupboards, I think a few on the boxes of brownies mixes may have "tipped over" but certainly nothing to do any damage. I went about my afternoon, and then walked by and noticed the camera was still turned on. "Oops, I forgot to turn it off...." If only that were the case, it has this dent in the top where the power button is, like I smashed the living pee wads outta it. Kevin got over it really quickly, knowing my ability to break things without really even thinking about it. I'm still not over it....no my friends. Pictures are what I do....and now? I'll just have to wait.

I was ultra bummed too because I had a few pics for a post titled "What Suzi is happy about" so I'll just tell you, and hopefully you'll read them anyway.....

Coupon Dumpster Diving
Yes, I did. Once a week we get this big coupon mailer packs. It has pizza hut, papa johns, carls jr, and then some grocery store adds. Tucked beneath all that is a Red Plum coupon pack, like the ones in a sunday paper. I opened it and found this:
1 coupon for .50 off any 3 cans of beans
1 coupon for 1.00 off and 2 pillsbury brownie mix
1 coupon for 1.00 off crisco cooking oil

Yeah, so? The cans of beans are only .72 each at winco. Brownie mixs are on sale for .68 each. And over at Walmart crisco oil was only 1.48. I think you know where I am going with this. I ran down to the garbage can located right behind the mail box in front of the workout center. And started digging. There were at least 5-6 that people just threw about. Their loss, my gain. Someone totally saw me doing it, but oh well. I went back later that night and got even more. So here is what it got me so far....

24 cans of beans
13 boxs brownie mixes
10 bottles of oil

for a grand total of $17.98! I slapped myself on the back!

Clothes Shopping at DI
I go there a few times a week. They have some really really cute stuff. There was a charolette russe top I wanted...too small. Dang these "See" shoulders. I know there are a lot of boys in my family, but we were pretty much made from the same mold. I got a long sleve green and white striped American Eagle shirt for $4.

Target
I bought a fedora for $3.24. You can't beat that. Kevin likes it too, although everytime I wear it he asks me "Where did you get your fedora?" to which I reply "I'd rather not say....." If you are a big Office fan, then you know what were talking about.

Baby Proof Fridge
What a life saver. I would let Cody open the fridge and play in there, mainly because I didn't want to fight it, til I could just basically lock him out. I was busy fighting him with the 1 cupboard that's not baby proofed. I didn't mind so much til he made a lake of crystal light on our kitchen floor. That day we bought the fridge lock.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Sorry you broke the camera!! Did it have a warranty?

mrsmonje said...

Im bummed about your camera too! Your one of my only blogging friends that blogs daily and includes pictures (i love pictures, not a lot of words.) Dont worry though Ill still read. And if it makes you feel any better, I cant find the SD card for my camera anywhere!! Sure I could go out and buy a new one but I haven't lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...