6/27/10

24

Yesterday I turned 24 years young. This seems to very odd to me. I still remember being in our very first ward after we'd been married for 3 months I turned 20! Time really does fly.

My day started off like usual, I can't ever seem to sleep in past 7:30. I am not sure if it's Cody or the blinding sun that comes in our bedroom window, or the neighbors start walking laps. But I was up early. Kevin made me breakfast. Waffles and scrambled eggs, his special ingredient wasn't love, no no, it was chocolate chips. YUM.
Then he spent the day making sure I was having fun, and took me to my favorite stores. DI, IKEA, and Costco. DI didn't have any good finds, I was a little bummed. At Ikea I finally got a full length mirror for our bedroom. Kevin noticed whenever I get dressed I have to walk all the walk to the bathroom to check the outfit, because that was our only mirror. I also got a little spice rack to save more cupboard and counter space. The best gift of all was fruit. Fruit!? Yes. I have been craving fruit to no end. We got grapes, banana's, cantaloupe melon, and corn on the cob.

Later Kevin's brother's family came over for a BBQ. We had steaks, and the fixings, including this corn on the cob. Bring on the floss. YUM.

My sister in laws bought me this cupcake stand and I finally got to put it to use!
We filled the pool, ha! It was mainly used to refill our water guns.
We didn't have any candles, so I thought this shell one would be classy.
Cody thought everyone was singing to him.
I managed to blow out all my candles....hehe.
Overall it was a fantastic day, Kevin made it all fun for me. Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

Keli and Jacob Langston said...

Happy Belated birhday! 24 is a great age if I do say so myself :)
As far as boy names go, my vote is for Deacon or Trey :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Happy Birthday Suz!! You are looking great! :)

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Happy Birthday!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...