7/28/10

Just to think

Today was "the day" I had Cody during his pregnancy. I was 37 weeks 3 days when they took my blood pressure and were concerned enough to take a stress test, have me lay down in the doctor's office and have my blood pressure taken about 5 more times. They then checked my cervix. Had me lay down again. Let me know that I was on 'best rest' or not doing much and had to come in the next day for more blood pressure.

That's when I went home and sat down for the night.....HA JUST KIDDING. I totally cleaned the house. I. was. nesting! Get off my back. Went to the doctor's again, it had only gotten worse. He let me know that 7 am the next morning we'd be having the baby. "Okay" was all I could manage to udder. When he left the room I cried and cried. "It's my fault, I shouldn't have cleaned!" I slurped and sobbed to Kevin who seemed a little pale really. They tried with the cervix balloon to try and dialate me some more, but seeing as how I was too effaced it wouldn't stay.

The next day after 13 or so hours of labor plus the 3 of pushing we had Cody Kevin Hammond.

Crazy.

This was me leaving for the hospital. If you'll notice due to preeclampsia I have no wrist, my feet were covered but were about the size of that bed next to me, no wrist as in from shoulder to finger tips I was the same size. Water retention my friends. It's not cool.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Woof. You pushed for 3 hours???? Praise the Lord I only had to push for 15 minutes!!! I think that if I had to go even 1/2 an hour I would have asked for a c-section!!! :)

Mamma Meg said...

Ugh! This time will be better. Much better. Trust me, I know everything.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...