9/16/10

It's your lucky day



"CARL! GOOD TO SEE YOU!"
feel free to name that quote, I miss doing movie quotes on here.

I cha-opped my hair yesterday, no not me personally, but my friend Liz did it. I was suuuuper impressed with her work, seriously.
Also I ditched the 2 3/4 inch roots I was sporting....as seen below...
I KNOW! Siiiick.
You see the reason you are lucky is because it is MY naptime, but here I am....blogging. Dumb. I am not napping because, yes, I am very stubborn.
So there. No but really Trey is hogging the whole bed....

ALRIGHT, that's not the reason either. Maybe I will lay down in a minute. But I figured you could use my Peter Shott's Pie recipe.....was I right? Eh? Eh? fine....

PETER SHOTT'S PIE
(Remember! I warned you. 5 extra lbs...)

Crust:
1 cup unsifted flour
1/2 cup real butter
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 chopped pecans
Mix together and press into pie plate. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, and make suuuure you let it cool down before you put the next layer in. (Yeah I can be that dumb)

1st layer:
8 oz package of cream cheese softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream, whipped fairly firm
Blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar together and fold in the whipped cream. Pour into pie crust and refrigerate.

2nd layer:
3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted and cooled
1/2 cup real butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
Mix the first 3 ingredients together and then add the eggs one at a time. Mix well after the addition of each egg. This works best in a food processor but a mixer is fine too. Pour over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and top with whipping cream and chopped pecans.....or not just plain is delicious.

Note: As eggs are raw, be sure that they have been well refrigerated.

Now since I gave you this recipe, which I really didn't want to share because I am that selfish, please give me some feedback once you try it. Also don't be afraid to guess the quote.

2 comments:

Kourtney said...

1. Your hair looks fantastic!!
2. Your pie looks fantastic!!
3. I did a bad thing by calculating the calories in the pie... you are right about the 5 lbs. ;) But at least then you know it's going to be worth it! I'm definitely going to have to try this one.
4. I'm missing your chocolate cake.
5. Your baby looks fantastic!!

Mrs. Mandy said...

you look great! so glad you have what it takes to sport those glasses. you're so cute. And the movie quote... Billy Madison?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...