7/27/10

Of broncos and broken hearts

Someone please tell me to GET OVER IT. It's been 15 months since we've moved to Utah and I still, yes still, miss Boise. It's not like I hate it here, I just hold a special place in my heart for Boise. And if given the chance to move back (with a job-there's a catch) I would in a heartbeat! Seriously.

Boise, Idaho Temple is where we were sealed as a couple. Plus after going to that temple for 3 years I felt like I knew it like the back of my hand. I never got lost in it....I've gotten lost in the Salt Lake Temple.....
The River and The Green Belt. We used to take hour long bike rides on the the green belt enjoying the beautiful scenery and hippies. And once a summer we would float the river.
Down town Boise. I used to work right there. We knew all the restaurants, half the people, the shops. It was a blast.
And let's not forget our loving Boise State Broncos. I miss having team to cheer for....don't you BYU guys get any ideas, I am NOT converting. The games were a ball. You could hear them for miles, with all the screaming fans.
Boise, will we ever be together again? Maybe for a visit, but if I had to be honest here, probably not. Do you miss me too? Just thought I would ask.

2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Of course we miss you!!!! Boise loves the Hammonds :)

Mamma Meg said...

No exaggerating here, I just started crying. We've been gone from Boise for 2 1/2 years and just yesterday I told someone I would give up a child in order to get to move back. I miss it horribly. I wonder if I will compare every town I live in for the rest of my life to Boise? It honestly is the best place to live...anywhere. Ugh!!! Make me so sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...