12/28/13

The good. The bad. The ugly.

This has not been the most glamorous pregnancy, although now that most of the nasty symptons have subsided or been taken care of, and I'm not huge (yet), it's been great.

I threw up almost daily until 20 weeks.  
Pretty sure I had puked at walmart in this picture.  Once after a delicious dinner at Red Robin we went to target to shop for Cody's birthday and it's a good thing I had a barf bag....
 At my very first appointment (8 weeks) I ended up having to wait longer than expected and hadn't packed a snack.  Towards the end I was getting sick and moody.  My dr's partner caught wind of this and brought me this plate of food.  I almost cried, and gobbled it right up.
 Some of my cravings have been a bit shameful....but I'm okay with it.  Also the heart burn started WAY earlier with this pregnancy.  Which is why I am on rx for it.  Amazing.
 The acne.  Seriously.  I felt like a 13 year old going through puberty.  Thank goodness for makeup!!!
 Exhaustion (which hasn't left completely but really has let up).  I required 1-2 naps a day.  Basically I turned on the tv for the kids and just snoozed in and out, until they needed food.  Sad yes, but I did what I had to.
 In this picture you can even see my barf bowl.  Luckily most days the boys were really really good about letting me rest and just watching curious george over and over.
 Smells.  I couldn't even open the fridge without gagging.  I started keeping lemon oil on me and rubbing it below my nose to try and help.  We went to Idaho for a weekend and as soon as we pulled in the driveway I started crying about how I didn't want to have to smell our fridge anymore!  I had 3 close friends smell my friend to make sure it didn't stink.....it didn't.  But to me.....ick...
 Baby Girl at 20 weeks.
 Vericose Vein.  HMMMMMM.  This one started with Trey but has exploded and become worse.  It is even now covered in spider veins!  Luckily, it doesn't hurt at all, just has itchy pressure sometimes.  
 Nose bleeds.
I know it sounds like I am complaining but really I'm not.  Looking back on all this makes me happy it's over and so grateful I feel as good as I do now!  And so glad to get a baby out of the whole deal.  

3 comments:

HippyHomemaker said...

I also could smell my fridge while pregnant!! It's real. It smelled cold and like stale ice. It's hard to explain but it was gross.

Kristen said...

My fridge is fine...its the one at work that no one else can smell but me...I can smell it from across the room!

Kristen said...

My fridge is fine...its the one at work that no one else can smell but me...I can smell it from across the room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...